Evening & Weekend Veterinary Receptionist Wanted
Mowbray Veterinary Clinic is looking for a permanent part time and/or casual veterinary receptionist to join our amazing team of animal care givers. As a receptionist you will be the face of our business and are there to greet pet owners, make them feel comfortable and assist them with enquiries.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Excellent emotional intelligence – the ability to form connections with clients quickly and get their trust, the ability to diffuse tense or stressful situations, the ability to comfort those distressed or mourning
- Excellent organisational skills – the ability to plan the day and ensure that the front of clinic runs smoothly
- Integrity – will be honest and inform our clients with the best options for their pets within their experience level
- Must have a love of animals – this includes patting, comforting, reading animal behaviour, and cleaning up after them too occasionally!
Tasks will include (but not limited to):
- Greeting, assisting, checking in and out, patients and clients
- Making appointments and setting up schedule
- Answering and making phone calls
- Answering and sending emails
- Processing payments
- Using a database computer system and basic word processing skills
- Billing and account management
- Sharing animal husbandry knowledge and skills
- Stocking and cleaning reception area and consult rooms
- Basic computer/printer/equipment trouble shooting
- Filling prescriptions
ASAP, previous experience preferred but not mandatory – training will be provided to the right candidate
Commensurate with experience approx. $18-25 per hour ($35K-50K pro rata) plus super and accrued paid leave each year.
Evening Receptionist 3:30-7:30pm weeknights and/or Saturdays between 8:30am-2pm + any additional leave cover during the week when available (approximately 20-26 hours per week).
Please send your cover letter and CV to Sally-Anne Richter at email@example.com