Full Time Veterinary Nurse Wanted
Mowbray Veterinary Clinic is looking for a full time veterinary nurse to join our amazing team of animal care givers. As a veterinary nurse you will be providing care to our patients, connecting with pet owners daily and assisting vets and other nurses to make a difference.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Certificate IV in veterinary nursing or Certificate III in Veterinary Nursing or Animal Studies
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Excellent emotional intelligence – the ability to form connections with clients quickly and get their trust, the ability to diffuse tense or stressful situations, the ability to comfort those distressed or mourning
- Excellent practical nursing skills – the ability to calculate basic drug doses, place iv cannulas, monitor anaesthesia, take x-rays, prepare sterilised kits, give medications, etc.
- Integrity – will be honest and inform our clients with the best options for their pets within their experience level
- Must have a love of animals – this includes patting, comforting, reading animal behaviour, and cleaning up after them too occasionally!
Tasks will include (but not limited to):
- Holding patients for vets and other nurses safely
- Placing iv cannulas
- Calculating basic drug doses and fluid rates
- Administering medications – oral, injectable – iv, im, subcut, transdermal
- Triaging emergencies
- Taking x-rays
- Monitoring anaesthesia
- Writing clinical notes and histories
- Performing clinical examinations
- Performing basic nurse consults
- Performing basic scale and polishes
- Answering and making phone calls
- Processing payments
- Using a database computer system and basic word processing skills
- Sharing animal husbandry knowledge and skills
- Cleaning hospital areas
ASAP, previous experience preferred but not mandatory – training will be provided to the right candidate
commensurate with experience approx. $18-26 per hour ($35K-50K pro rata) plus super and accrued paid leave each year.
Rotational basis 8 hour shifts between 7:45am and 7:30pm on weekdays; and between 8:30am and 5pm on Saturdays. May be subject to on-call and/or overtime depending on days.
Please send your cover letter and CV to Sally-Anne Richter at firstname.lastname@example.org